Welcome to PeduL, the #1 Diversity Recruiting Marketplace™ that connects students and employers to democratize the job finding experience, in college and beyond. From the very beginning, our goal has been to design privacy into our platform in a way that respects the rights of students, the obligations of Universities, and the needs of employers. We understand that student data privacy is a hot topic these days so we want to make clear the very basic privacy principles that guide our policies and practices:
- Students are in complete control of what data they make public
We give students control over whether they want to make their profile public to employers and what information they share on it. No student data uploaded to PeduL is ever viewable by any employer until a student has chosen to make their profile public.
- Universities choose the student data they share with PeduL
We respect the rights of students regarding their own personal data, and we are proud to work with Universities to find the best ways to maximize their career center’s value without compromising student privacy.
- PeduL will never sell personal student data
We have never done it and we never will! Our business model is based on offering valuable tools for our student and employer users that enhance the career discovery and DE&I process. Your email address and personal data will never be sold to any third party.
Welcome to PeduL!
We are the #1 Diversity Recruiting Marketplace™ that connects students and employers to democratize the job finding experience, in college and beyond.
What information we collect We collect personal and non-personal data from you when you use our Services. Personal Data is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, phone number, IP address or device identifier, or is data that could reasonably be linked back to you. It also may include demographic information, geolocation information, educational information, or commercial information as described below.
You need to have an account to use PeduL. You can create an account on PeduL as a student seeking a job or career advice or as an employer looking for exciting new and diverse talent.
- Student or alumni data:
We receive personal data about you when you create a Student or Alumni Account, update your profile, respond to questions or surveys on our website or otherwise use our Site, from our Partner Universities, and from other third party data sources.
- From University Partners:
Our University Partners share information about their students with us so we can provide them with services that they use to manage their career centers. Each University Partner chooses what it shares, which may include your name, mailing and email address, major, or GPA. Where FERPA applies to data shared by University Partners, it is stored, used and shared in compliance with the statute.
- From you, your account and your profile:
- From employer reviews
We receive any personal information you choose to include in submitted employer reviews. PeduL collects this information even if the review is not published or made public.
- From communications, transcripts or recordings
We receive and store personal information when you choose to participate in a video or audio meeting or call or webinar initiated through the PeduL Service or when you choose to communicate with other users by way of video, audio, or messaging during any PeduL video or audio conference or call (collectively, “PeduL Communications”). By participating in PeduL Communications, you are giving PeduL consent to store the content and recordings of any PeduL Communications. For audio or video recordings, you will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled, and you should leave the meeting or webinar if you do not consent to being recorded. If we use a third party video and/or communications service provider to facilitate PeduL Communications, that service provider may not use your personal information or the content of the communications for any purpose other than to provide the service to us.
- From third parties
We may receive additional information about you from other schools, alumni or career counseling organizations, or from other sources.
- Usage and log data
When you visit the Site, we log and store your IP Address and technical information about your visit like your browser type and how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it, etc. (“Usage Data”). We can use your IP address to determine your general location.
- Mobile data
When you use the PeduL mobile app, we collect analytic information about your device, such as IP address, OS version, and clickstream.
- Precise location data
For a limited set of features, we allow users to opt-in to our collection of precise location data (GPS data). We only use this information to enable these features, such as displaying your precise location on a map at a career fair. We do not share precise location data with third parties, and we do not combine precise location data with personal information for advertising purposes.
- Employer data
When Employers create a PeduL Employer Account, we request contact information, including email address and telephone number, to provide a point of contact for Universities and administrative staff and which is made available on your public profile. We will not use your phone number to send any commercial or marketing messages not related to your use of PeduL Services to you without your express consent.
How we use your personal data We use, process and store your Personal Data to provide the PeduL Service and to maximize opportunities to connect you with potential employers. This includes:
- Delivering job opportunities and communications from potential employers by email in accordance with your account settings and communication preferences.
- Allowing you to choose whether your profile is public or private, so potential employers, or others, can find you—or not.
- Allowing you to contact employers and employers to contact you through the PeduL Service, including by way of messaging, audio and video conferencing, and webinars.
- Allowing you to post reviews and other content on employers and employment experiences.
- Personalizing the Service. For example, we may suggest employers to you based on the information in your resume or the demographic information you provide or suggest students with public profiles to employers based on search criteria.
- Contacting you about additional PeduL or Partner services you might be interested in, unless you opt-out (see “How to Opt-Out of Email Communications”).
- Researching new ways to improve the PeduL Service.
- Using FERPA protected data only in compliance with the requirements of the statute.
When we may share your personal data We will only share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- With your consent. For example, you may choose to make your profile public so that we can share it with employers through the Services or choose to apply to a job and we will share your profile information, resume and transcript with the employers you choose. Employers are required to only use PeduL data to provide employment services and to safeguard any personal data they receive. If your account is associated with a University Partner, your University will be able to access and view personal data uploaded by you even when your account is set to “private” status. University Partners are required to safeguard any personal data they receive. You may also choose to make your profile public to specific audiences to help grow your professional brand and network. When posting an employer review or other related content, you may choose to publish your name and profile alongside the content publicly. You may also choose to post the content without any directly identifying information (i.e. you may post “pseudonymously”). Please note, even when posting pseudonymously, it may be possible to infer your identity from the content, and we share the identities of both public and pseudonymous content with Universities.
- With vendors that are contractually engaged to provide us with services, such as cloud service providers, PeduL Communications related telecommunications services, and other services for maintaining our systems, order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
- With vendors that are contractually engaged to provide us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
- With relevant law enforcement bodies if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, to protect the security or integrity of the PeduL Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PeduL, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
When we use and share non-personal data
Non-personal data is data that itself cannot reasonably be linked back to you or data that is combined with other data in a way that cannot reasonably be linked back to you. We use and share your non-personal, de-identified or aggregated data in a variety of ways to help our Partners and the public understand trends in the job seeking market through analytics reports, statistics and other metrics and guides. For example, to understand:
- What percentage of students from certain colleges work in a specific geographic area.
- Whether a certain major or extra-curricular activity fits well with a particular employer’s hiring patterns.
- How employers compare to each other in the number of applicants they receive from different colleges.
Cookies As a Site visitor, we place a small piece of software referred to as a “session cookie” on your computer. If you use the Services and create an account, we also use this cookie to recognize you on return visits and expedite the login process. You can remove this and other cookies through your browser preferences menu, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use – but note that you won’t be able to log into our service if your cookies are disabled. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated.
Our email communications contain web beacons or similar technology which track when the email has been opened or read. This functionality sends the resulting records back to our Service, which may be associated with other information you have provided us.
How to opt-out of email communications
To stop receiving notifications or promotions, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email or update your account preferences. For EEA users: We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent.
Storage, security and how to remove your information
We use industry standard technical, administrative and physical controls to protect your data including encrypting it at rest and as it is transferred from you to PeduL. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breach will never occur. In the event of a breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Do not track signals
We are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
De-activating your account or deleting your personal data
You can choose to deactivate your account so that you are no longer viewable on the Service or you can make your account private. You may also request PeduL delete information about you, however we may be obligated as a service provider to your college or university to retain certain data about you. This means that if they re-send us your data to process on their behalf, we will retain it unless they request we delete it. You can request deactivation or deletion by sending a message to email@example.com or by contacting your University to ask them to delete your information.
Third party links
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our Employer and University Partners or other PeduL Partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We also cannot be responsible for your personal data that you submit to employers using the Services. Please check their individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Minors under 16 are not permitted to use our Site without express parental consent to both use the Services and be bound by our Terms of Service and this Policy. We do not intentionally collect information from minors under 13. If you believe we have collected any personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, please notify us immediately here and we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems.
PeduL provides the ability for employers to pay schools for collateral expenses, such as hosting a booth at a career fair, through the use of a third party payment processor. PeduL does not collect or use any of that payment information. If an employer has any conflicts regarding the method of payment acceptance, they should contact the school. PeduL claims no responsibility or liability for payment transactions.
Contact us and accessing your information
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to remove any of your personal information from our records please contact us at either:
P.O. Box 8071, Newark,